Wednesday 19 September 2012

Tesco refusal overturned

I am going to keep this sort and sweet.   At today's meeting the planning committee revisited the decisions of last month and decided to overturn the decision to refuse the Tesco supermarket along Eastrea Road.  The Sainsbury decision and the heads of terms were ratified.

I am going to take a bit of time to calm down before I post anything else on the matter - but I have massive concerns about the process.

I would urge residents of Whittlesey that have concerns to make a complaint to Fenland District Council.  I would urge them to follow the advice on the Local Government Ombudsman's website.

The complaints form for Fenland District Council is here.  In particular you may wish to consider whether it was fair for members to revisit a decision without first notifying those that are affected and giving them opportunity to comment.

I myself will be taking advice tomorrow and will be making some requests for information and, hopefully, I will have calmed down by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment