Wednesday 20 April 2011

New Portfolio at County Council

Yesterday it was announced that I will be taking on a new portfolio in the Cabinet being formed by Nick Clarke, the new Leader of the County Council.

The new portfolio is Health and Wellbeing, quite an exciting post with responsibility for delivering on public health, which is to be passed to Local Councils by the Government and will include linking to many organisations around the County, including the emerging GP consortia.

The new portfolio includes Registration and Coroners services (which I have had involvement with before) and emergency planning, which is new to me, but an important role of the Council.

I am really looking forward to the new challenge which will widen my own experience, but will also use a significant amount of what I have learned in my previous Cabinet roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment