Monday 17 May 2010

Local Safeguarding Children's Board

One of my meetings today was Cambridgeshire's Local Safeguarding Children's Board.  This is an organisation, that oversees children's safeguarding across the public sector in the County, so it has a crucial role in the work I do as Cabinet Member for Children and Young People.  

One of the activities today was the launch of their new and updated website, so I thought I would provide a link:

http://www.cambslscb.org.uk/

I suspect there are many people that don't even know of its existence, but it has an important role to play.  One of the debates following the death of Baby Peter was the role of the LSCB which resulted in the recommendation that they have an independent chairman.  Cambridgeshire's LSCB has always had this.

No comments:

Post a Comment